At uvex, we want to realise our vision of protecting people in a sustainable way. As a manufacturer with a high in-house production rate, we can influence most aspects of the value creation chain. We use this influence to reach our sustainability goals in terms of ecology, economy, working conditions and human rights, employees and society, and product. Since the fiscal year 2017/2018, the uvex group publishes its sustainability report in an online version following the guidelines of the GRI content index.
- Internationalisation of business areas
- Growth of the market position in the USA
- Expansion and modernisation of uvex's own production facilities
- Various digitalisation initiatives to safeguard the future of the uvex group
- Reduction in energy consumption amounting to 6.5% in relation to energy metrics (based on financial year 2016/17) by the end of financial year 2019/20 as part of measures linked to DIN EN ISO 50001
- Secure supply of carbon-neutral energy and gas for energy procurement
- Alternatives to energy-intensive production processes
- Optimisation of production processes
- Ongoing supplier monitoring by way of audits to ensure total compliance with social standards
- Expansion of the uvex group’s employer brand: recruit and retain employees over the long term - particularly for target groups that are hard to fill, increase recognition of the uvex group and improve its image, motivate and retain internal employees, project younger image of the uvex group as an employer
- Further development of digital tools such as e-learning
- Increased use of social media for the purposes of recruiting and retaining employees
- Rainer Winter Foundation's work to be continued by the family business over the long term
Michael Winter, Managing Partner uvex group
"For over 90 years, we have been producing and distributing high-quality products to protect people in sports, leisure and at work. And to be able protect people, we must accept responsibility. It is precisely this mission that instils in us the commitment to work sustainably and with a social conscience."